Saturday, August 7, 2010

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

I grew up in Lititz, Lancaster County, PA.  It was a magical place to grow up.  As you walk through town (or drive with the windows down), you often caught the roasting of the cocoa beans wafting through the air.  We always had chocolate to eat as the Wilbur-Suchard Chocolate Company was down by the Lititz Springs Park.  I always stop there for some Wilbur Buds (better than Hershey's kisses anyday).  They were a special treat years ago!  I remember getting them and an orange at the Lititz Theater at a special Christmas Show.  We were blessed in many ways during a simplier time when everyone in town knew each other.  Many of the people I grew up with still live in the area, and I sometimes envy them.  But, others of us left the area for jobs or whatever.  If you are from Lititz, I'd love to hear from you.  We have a class reunion coming up, and I for one, can't wait!  Meanwhile, I am living out west, somewhere over the rainbow!
This rainbow is from near Seattle, WA, where I now live!

Lititz Springs Park:  http://www.lititzspringspark.org/
Wilbur Chocolate (recipes):  http://www.wilburbuds.com/docs/recipes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment